8.9.12 - New Music - David Guetta and Sia
David Guetta is rereleasing ‘Nothing But The Beat’, the album he released only last November that has thus far spawned six charting singles in the US (“Where Them Girls At [ft. Flo Rida and Nicki Minaj]”, “Little Bad Girl [ft. Taio Cruz and Ludacris]”, “Without You [ft. Usher]”, “Titanium [ft. Sia]”, “Turn Me On [ft. Nicki Minaj]”, and “I Can Only Imagine [ft. Chris Brown and Lil Wayne]” PHEW) is being rereleased on September 7th (renamed ‘Nothing But The Beat 2.0’), and with a rerelease comes new music. And, a new single.
This time he has chosen to work with Sia again. I can’t believe I live in a year where Sia has had two top ten US pop/dance hits. If the world does end in December, I’m glad I got to see this in my lifetime.
Warning: this shit might break your speakers.
“She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) (ft. Sia)” is almost too big to be contained. I feel we don’t have the technology to do this song justice on laptops and headphones. This song is meant to be blasted out of the world’s largest speakers at a festival with 100,000 people dancing and going crazy.
David Guetta never stops working, and I can’t believe this is coming out so soon. “Titanium” JUST hit the top ten in the US (only behind every other country in the world). And by “just” I mean like, last week. I heard “I Can Only Imagine” on the radio for the first time tonight. Shouldn’t we put the brakes on and just let these singles have a long, full life before we pull the plug and move on to our new wife?
Oh, just realized I didn’t really flush out that analogy. Whatever, you get where it was going.
A few quick thoughts on this song:
1. David Guetta, I love you. I know a lot of dance critics don’t, and I totally understand why, but I still love you. How can I not love someone who makes such catchy tunes (even if they are all the same song)?
2. Having said that, stop doing the piano thing. I mean, if that is going to be the theme of this album, I can handle that. I would like to hear none of that on your next album though. Let’s move along.
3. I genuinely can’t believe you called this song “She Wolf”. Like, really? REALLY?! When this song does better than Shakira’s, she’s going to rip your fucking eyes out.
4. I love it. That breakdown in the chorus? Fuck.
5. I hope this isn’t the whole song and that I just got a shortened internet ripped version. It ends a bit too abruptly. Give me one more breakdown JUST ONE MORE and I’ll be alright.
6. Did we have to use Sia again? Don’t get me wrong, I love her, but there are a million other artists out there I would love to see you rise up out of pop oblivion, and you have the power to do that now. Don’t be scared to use it.
7. I am sure his label will stop at nothing to make this a smash, so keep your radio set to your local Top 40 station and stay tuned.
OK. Done. “She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) (ft. Sia)” isn’t available yet (well, I’ve heard it is off Beatport, but I’m not sure about that), but I am positive it will be soon. Hell, the rerelease of the album is less than a month away, so let’s get this thing on itunes!